Do you love interacting with people and want to make a direct impact in your community? We have a volunteer opportunity for you!
The best part? You pick your locations and shifts.
What Is It and Why Is It Needed?
You would help to provide a warm and friendly greeting to our blood donors. As you welcome them you will assist them with reception and hospitality and enhance the blood donor experience.
Blood drives with volunteer greeters are more successful, run smoother and collect more blood. This means more lives are saved because of you! The importance is to provide the blood donors with a positive experience and encourage to donate regularly.
Must be 16 years or older
Opportunity for you to:
- Be in a safe environment helping your community
- Gain valuable training and experience while providing an invaluable service to your community
- Network and meet new people
- Develop customer service skills that will last a lifetime
- Receive community service hours
- Be part of the most respected world-wide organizations
- Meet some incredible people…our blood donors and staff
- Volunteers applying for in-person position assignments require vaccination verification. Instructions to provide information and supporting documentation of vaccination will be provided once you submit your application
How to get started
- Complete the online application at HERE
- Or for any questions contact:
Kristin Pendleton, Senior Volunteer Recruitment Specialist
Call/Text: 314-281-7968 | email@example.com
Schedule time for a brief phone call to discuss any questions
What Our Volunteers Are Saying
- “When I needed blood during my cancer treatment, the Red Cross was there for me. I’m so happy to be able to give back by volunteering and thanking blood donors now that I’m recovered.” ~Jackie P.
- “I may not have money to give, but I have time.” ~Taylor W.
- “I can no longer donate blood, but this is a way I can help those who do donate.” ~Steve J.
- Watch a video from a current volunteer (note: this was made before Covid)